For patients who do not have access to a car, or are unable to walk to our medical centres or get to appointments, a number of options are available:
Rural Community Transport covering Bude and Holsworthy areas Pick-Me-Up 01409 259001
- Ring and Ride—a door-to-door service for all ages, wheelchair and scooter friendly.
- Volunteer Car—a door-to-door service charging 45p per mile with times to suit your appointments.
- Community Minibus Hire—for community groups and charities, self-drive or with driver.
A wheelchair and walker hire service is also available at £10 per week.
For further details follow the link PICK ME UP
Taxi companies covering Holsworthy and Bude district:
- Parkers Cars (base in Holsworthy) 07794 637143
- Trev's Taxi (base in Bude) 07799663217
- D&D Taxi(base in Bude) 07895 527605
- Blue Light Taxi Company (base in Bude) 07553 054446
If you are currently too unwell to use a car, public or community transport please call Patient Transport Services on 0345 155 1009.
DEVON COMMUNITY TRANSPORT OPTIONS
Devon County Council have brought together a list of travel options for those going to healthcare appointments. Please click HERE for details. Please always check prices and necessary return journey before accepting.
OKEHAMPTON DISTRICT COMMUNITY TRANSPORT GROUP
Provides low-cost transport for the local community and surrounding areas, including hospital appointments. The group operates a Ring and Ride Service, Community Car Service and low-cost trips to local places of interest or for shopping.
CORNWALL COMMUNITY TRANSPORT OPTIONS
If you are unable to drive, or access public transport easily, Cornwall County Council have a number of community transport services that you may be able to use for healthcare appointments. To view these click HERE. Please always check prices and necessary return journey before accepting.
If you are struggling to find appropriate transport please ask to speak to one of our Social Prescribers.